Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Rascals
There are 2 rascals I love in this world.

They are my cousins. My mummy's younger brother's kids. The girl's 7 this year, and the boy's 5. She's called Celeste, and him Cedric. They invade my room every other week. Notice I din't say, "... invade my house". Haha. Rascals.

They wake me up from my sleep. Disturb me when I'm doing work. Make a mess out of my room which in the first place is not very neat to start with. Scream, Shout, Cry. In short, they are 2 hyper energetic and highly destructive kids.

Sometimes, they really do get on my nerves. And when that happens, I wish I could disappear. Haha. Did you realise I din't say..."I wish I could strangle them" or anything along that line? Honestly, I don't think I'll bear to.

I still remember when I was shopping for gifts for the elder one b4 she entered P1...I really felt as if I was buying stuffs for MY OWN kid. Wahaha. For that moment lah. Haha, like how a happy mother would be when her kid is starting P1! I bought her a stationery set (which includes a pencil case, pencils, notepad) and a cute pink pig keychain.

They are extremely naughty. But when they are sweet...they can be really sweet. Like running to hug you and calling out "Yuting Jie Jie" when I reach home. Giving you a goodbye kiss on your hand/cheek. Rascals.

Below's a photo taken when we went to visit my Ah-gong the other day. Where's my mum? Haha, she's the photographer lah. My Ah-gong doesn't stay with my Ah-ma. He did her wrong in the past, and to date, she still cannot bring herself to forgive him.

Frankly, if I were her. I also cannot. Imagine being deserted, with 8 very young kids, for another her. She brought them up single-handedly. It was hell. My mum, being the eldest of all, had to come out to work at a young age to help support the family. Whenever I think about it, I would feel the wrench for my Ah-ma.

But what to do? Should I blame my Ah-gong? He has aged, and is ill. Even my mum and aunt has forgiven him. How could I bring myself to not forgive him. Everyone has a past. And it's not fair to judge a person just by looking at his past. And no matter what, he's my Ah-gong. I gave myself the chance to get to know "her". And I think she's a very nice lady. Despite my Ah-gong's illness, she still stayed by him to take care of him.

You are being cruel to no one but yourself if you cannot forgive - This is a something I came to understand. It's never too late to repent. ;) Friends, extended family...I'm not certain. But immediate family members will always be by your side.



Left to Right:
Ah-gong, Me & Cedric, Auntie Eve & Celeste, Auntie


Auntie Eve's my favourite Aunt in this world. She's my mum's sister. Haa, and she dotes on me alot. Like a second mother to me. I will definitely take care of her when she's old. Oh btw, don't be mistaken. In the photo, it looks as if I'm trying to pry open the naughty boy's legs right? But hell no! I was trying my best to close his legs lah! So obscene. Grinz.

==========================================

Went for yoga with Dawn (my TK girlfriend) last evening. Not bad! Ha, it's a 7-day trial @ True Yoga. As we attended the 8.45pm class, there were only about 10 of us. Hence, the instructor was able to give us more individualized attention and corrected our postures. Dawn has been giving me loads of emo support these days - Thank you my dear. Really. Every single gesture meant so much. *Hugs*

A part of me hoped for a certain her to be there. But alas, she was not. Does "forever" exists in friendships?

==========================================

After receiving a particular sms today...I was very sad. All of a sudden, I was just overwhelmed with emo. I'm starting to miss you already. You know who you are. Promise me you'll take good care alrighty? =) Don't say I only talk but no action hor. Haha, tomorrow you'll know.

Labels:

Posted by Jamie at 1:10 AM | 0 comments
0 Comments: