Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Memorable Experience
*YAYYYYY*

I'm finally done. finally. Finally!!!
=)) SOOOOO Happy!!~*
Many hiccups here and there along the way...
but all's worthwhile upon seeing the final output.

HAA. I am really feeling 'HIGH' now I tell you...(at what time? 4.01am?!!!)
despite being quite mentally & physically drained from all those scripts!
I spent the whole of today...i repeat...w-h-o-l-e of today just doing it.
It has been a long long while since I last stared... so hard...
so long... so seriously into my most precious computer screen.

*3 CHEERS*!!!! Yippie!

........................................................................................................

Saturday was a blast!!! - a day I probably can never forget in this lifetime of mine. *laughs* It's darn hilarious just recapping the scenes of that fateful night in my head. & to think I'm blogging about it. haaa...but it's a must blog! such an adventure. how can i not blog about it.

Haa, okay. Here goes. Ntumarket scheduled to meet up on Saturday night, the 12th of August, to shower our dear Elvina & 33 with a surprise birthday celebration! & It's planned such that it coincides with the french's fireworks display...so that the probability of arising any suspicion would be the lowest. & Guess what? Yours truly was STUCK IN THE CAR for a near THREE HOURS!!!! *GaspS* & we had a little MARATHON near 9pm! But thankgod Fmq was with moi...I couldn't imagine how time would have crawled by without you my dear.

Yes yes yes. stupid me drove. Yes. & alarmingly...ALL carparks were FULL from erm...6+7???!! The fireworks was scheduled to be on at 9pm (for 20 mins). & 2 hours b4 that...Mad Singaporeans were already 'choping' seats along the stairways of Marina Sq...along the pathway between Esplanade & the Merlion...along any possible path that was a good spot for fireworks viewing. Cars were stuck. Only people could move. It was that bad. From Marina Sq..Ritz Carlton..Esplanade..Suntec..One Fullerton..all the way to the Offices in the CBD Zone...ALL the way to Raffles City! NO lots at all. Cars were stacked up outside every possible carpark thus JAMMING UP traffic. & what a coincidence!!! We bumped into Yishan & Bf along the way! wahAHA. Both were stuck on the roads.

And as time got nearer and nearer to 9pm...you could see everyone getting desperate. We panicked too as time zapped by. Illegal parkings along the route from Esplanade to Merlion & back. Even the bus-stops were not spared. At that moment of time...I was thinking..."This should be the safest time to illegal park. So many cars...the TP can't possibly book everyone right? Like how they never book when cars stack up along the roadsides on Fridays." The situation was that exaggerated. But I guess luck just wasn't with me lah. Even if I'm daring enough to go for an illegal lot...there wasn't any road space to park! Darn.

So we circled round & round & round...got stuck here and there along the way...& we eventually managed to find a lot at 8.50 sth!! At where? NLB!!! - Gosh. that's like ONE freaking Mrt station away? & everywhere beside it are skyscrapers. But it can't be helped. No other way out. So we decided to go for it...and make a dash. dash towards the disgusting durian. dash towards an unblocked view to catch the fireworks. dash towards Ntumarket. What's worse was I'm in heels. Well-done. My fellow runner was in flats thankfully. We ran like we never ran b4 with the pressies in hand...& oh yes. did i mention that our bladders were weak at this point in time? HAHA.

I'm really honoured to have Fmq run with me! haaaa...it's like the sun rising from the west? lols. But I must say she has good stamina! better than me! But I can't see the logic of that. lols. I have been exercising!..tennis-ing & swimming??! & Fmq?? haa. Yesyes. Her logic's...don't exercise & you'll have more stamina. HAaa. peng.

Another point to add would be that tis darlin of mine has no sweat glands! I was literally dripping with sweat after the never-seem-to-end run, while she's still doing quite good. HAHA. omigosh...Fmq ain't human!!!

At the end of the day...did we make it? did we see the fireworks?

YES WE DID! It was spectacular!!!! Absolutely Breath-taking!!! IT WAS SHOO GoOOD that we both practically freezed for the moments. I loved the final big bang! WOOOO!!! We caught it along the way...but it was good enough. HAa. that made my night. All the run...All the sweat...wasn't wasted. I'll try to find pics of the fireworks formation & post it up k.

HAaa. YEAHHH. that's my most exciting & ridiculous adventure to the disgusting durian for you! & then we quickly rushed down to Al Dente Restaurant after the 20 minutes stand-still. Squeezing through the insanely huge crowd. & going against the traffic. Haaa. becos by now everyone's rushing OUTTA esplanade...while we're rushing in! Haaa. By then...Daniel, Andy, Siwei, Elvina, Kailing (the sweet dearie who brought us around in London!!), Jingsi, Sansan, Liqi & Alvin were there seated...with dinner already in their tummy. Haa. Fmq and me then joined in...followed by Qiuling & Rayson. Yishan & Bf din't turn up in the end! Heard that they ended up in Newton..I dunno how. haa. but ya. and poor them couldn't come in time to join us as we din't have any post-dinner activities. This was becos most of gang were shagged out by then. Especially our daniel ng...who din't sleep much the night b4. BUT he still went for pool in the end with Siwei, Andy, Jingsi & Sansan...while the rest of us headed back for our ever tempting beds. Don't be too happy yet my dear gals...it's NOT OVEr yet. hHaaa. The SABO will come~*

WOW. I've blabbered so much without even realizing. HAHA. Oh yes, did I mention Ade's sick? Poor gal was running a temp...thus din't turn up that night. Hope you're feeling better already gal! *hugs* last but not least...
HAPPY EArLy birthday ELV & 33! Hope you liked the pressies we got ya!!!!~* hoho.

........................................................................................................

Nice name actually. I din't mean to tease Miss P that night. Just not used to it. hAaa. But calling more would definitely help!! lols. thanks for giving in after being bugged the whole night. BUT no worrieSss...i'lll be tiGHt-lipped here okay? Till you spread the news on your own! =)) Okays. I shall make my way to LALaLand already b4 I really konk-out on my desk. Nitez.
Posted by Jamie at 3:59 AM | 0 comments
0 Comments: